Rush Select is committed to the development of healthy youth through the game of soccer. We serve the growing number of youth who are interested in receiving quality training, competitive play and neighborhood camaraderie within a structure that encourages multi-sport athletes and other activities outside of year-round soccer. Rush Select bridges the time and cost commitments and training gaps between Recreational and Premier Soccer programs.
Each spring, boys and girls teams U11-U19 are formed through a tryout process. Once teams are formed, twice-a-week practices start in early June. There may also be additional training opportunities such as technical & SAQ (Speed, Agility and Quickness) training and team camps. Teams play 2-3 tournaments throughout the summer months. There is no league play during this time until the fall. Rush Select teams play in the North Puget Sound League (NPSL). Game day travel is usually within about one hour drive from the Snohomish County area. Occasionally, it might be longer. There may also be times when the team needs to take the ferry across Puget Sound for games. More about NPSL can be found HERE.
After league play, Rush teams compete in either the month-long Washington state Founders Cup or Presidents Cup tournament.
Rush Select is part of the Washington Rush (Premier) and national Rush Soccer organization. Washington Rush is the chartered Regional Club (RCL) for North County Youth Soccer. The Rush stands for excellence, passion, desire, commitment and respect.
RUSH CORE VALUES
- Accountability: Be accountable for your actions and hold others accountable for their actions. Who am I ultimately accountable to, and who judges my work?
- Advice: Seek out advice and aspire to be the best. In order to learn, we must be open to learning and consider the advice of others. Are you coach-able?
- Empathy: Empathy is at the core of solid relationships.
- Enjoyment: Enjoy your work, this is a gift. The desires of diligent workers are satisfied.
- Humility: Apologize when you make a mistake. Forgive others and do not look back.
- Leadership: Leaders strive to be trustworthy, honest and sincere. They possess traits such as integrity and honor. They are willing to serve others and sacrifice their owninterests. Leaders are constructive and hardworking.
- Passion: Passion always trusts, always hopes and always perseveres. Passion never fails.
- Respect: Respect everyone. Respect the opponent, the rules, your colleagues, your superiors and subordinates. Be thoughtful and considerate.
- Safety: Our environment is safe. This includes the office, our travels, the fields and our bodies. Safety is not only physical safety from harm, but safety from ridicule andattack. We are comforted and encouraged in the club. We portray self-control andkindness to our staff, our colleagues and players.
- Tenacity: To be successful, persevere…. persevere but do not be anxious. Fear no one. Be strong and courageous. Work when no one is looking, even when thecircumstances are not right and everyone else quits. Diligence never loses because itnever quits. Out work your opponent, and most importantly, work smart. Don’t waitfor external inspiration. The people who go far do so because they motivatethemselves and give life their best, regardless of how they feel.
- Unity: Together all things are possible. When your teammates are down, bear each other’s burdens; conversely, celebrate your teammate’s successes.
Learn more about the Rush philosophy HERE.
‘Where the Trails of Passion and Purpose Meet, Begins the Path to Victory’